So the word is out from the USA that the awaited 2970N4 is now for sale in limited supplies and as correctly told via one dealer some of them are being shipped with maybe a few scratches and marks here and there. 400w + output when tuned and 16 memory channels, full 12 and 10m coverage and maybe 11m with the e-chip installed
4x 2SC2879 Transistor Amplifier Board for 400W+ output.
- An improved receiver: designed for increased sensitivity and image rejections.
- A double FET balanced mixer: for improved receiver inter-modulation rejection.
- Surface mount components: for increased resistance to shock and vibration.
- Improved display lighting: for easy reading in a wide range of light conditions.
- Variable Power Output
10 & 12 Meter Bands
- Large Frequency Display with Dimmer
- Improved Receiver Design
- New Green Back-light Display
- Variable Output Power Control
- Active Frequency Scanner
- Receiver Clarifier (±0.5kHz)
- The new improved 2970N4 has 16 Programmable/Erasable Memory Channels
- Noise Blanker/ANL Circuitry
- Frequency Selector Lockout
- Programmable Repeater Offset
- Public Address Feature
In the USA this radio weighs in at $690 which is at todays rate is 624 euro and in the UK £443 so the best advice is go look somewhere and find a used HF Radio, sure will not provide the 400w this radio will do but add customs duty on import, dealer profit etc can you imagine what one of these will set you back in Europe? WOW… Avera in the Netherlands has the N2 listed at 650 euro. So, mind numbing costs.