Expected in the United States mid April and weighing in at around $540 comes this new radio from Yaesu. To me at first look it appears (display) to be very much like the FT-3DE handheld with some added watts and features. Below we’ve got a brief description of the radio and some initial odds and ends about it.
- 50W Stable High-Power with Heavy Duty Heat Sink including FACC – Dual Band Opearation (V+V, U+U, V+U, U+V) and Simultaneous C4FM monitoring
- 2-inch High-Resolution QVGA Full-Color TFT Display and Demountable Front Panel Controller
- Memory Channel Band Auto Grouping Function (AIR, VHF, UHF, GEN)
- High-Speed & High-Resolution Band Scope Function up to 63 channels centered around the current VFO frequency
- Heavy Duty-Heat Sink with FACC*
- 3W Audio Power Speaker with two individual terminals for the external speakers – Built-in Bluetooth unit which enables hands-free operation with the SSM-BT10 or a commercially available bluetooth headset**
- WiRES-X Portable Digital Node/ Fixed Node with HRI-200
- AMS (Automatic Mode Select) which automatically selects the communication mode by detecting the communication mode of the receiving signal
- Multi-Color Status Indicator showing the operation mode (C4FM/ FM – TX/ RX)
- Digital Group ID (DG-ID) function (Just by setting matching two digit DG-ID “00” – “99”, designated link and communication with multiple transceivers can be configured.)
- Digital Group Monitor which automatically checks if the members having the matching DG-ID are within the communication range and display their call-sign if they are in the range
- Built-in 66ch High precision GPS receiver and External GPS device connectivity
- Real-time Navigation displays the position data, distance and direction of other stations in real-time
- Backtrack Feature (navigation function to a pre-registered point)
- Snapshot Feature with the optional microphone MH-85A11U
- Voice Recording Function for received and transmitting voice and audio data
- Micro SD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
- Large-capacty 1104 channel memory
- DTMF Encode/ Memory
- Time-out Timer (TOT)
All Rights Reserved (c) http://www.simonthewizard.com 2013-2020 Unauthorised Use / Or Duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to simonthewizard and http://www.simonthewizard.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
540 dollars….anytone are happy^^
Comments are closed.