Thanks to Przemek and konektor5000 for the ultra fast shipping via UPS. Sadly a second small radio suffered some signal meter damage but it’ll be fixed after Christmas so all good. Below are the photos so people like Rob P from RP Comms can cast his eye on the radio and see what he can see so to speak.
Some believed my radio came from France? Nope it is imported into Poland by President and as before bought from Konektor5000. Ask them!
Initial out of box “quick look” the case is better built id say, more paint, better texture and appears a little heavier than Andy AM/FM. Just to the touch seems better than past version by 50% my view.
Final seems to be 13QN10 but need better light to see really. More on that later on!
J3 is where most sure with right equipment you can read and write to the radio
Under the cover it shows the adjustments are back on this board plus the usual bit of wire etc. looks very similar board to Andy AM/FM etc and recently released stuff.
Just initial €1 of comments.
* Tone to the ears appears to be better
* Case appears to be manufactured better, feels heavier and better to the touch
* Receive. More rounded on high and lows I’d say (more at the weekend)
– Comes to Quickly. There was an Andy AM/FM, it’s gone. Was a Barry FM and it’s gone! Was initial release Barry AM/FM for CIS countries and now comes Barry AM/FM with 7 color display. Too Quickly Done. Needed a bit more time before delete, bring new, delete, bring new. Gives wrong impression.
– This one is the best of all the previous versions. More playing around is needed and I’ll try this weekend if I feel ok enough to do it.
– I can write another hundred thousand words about President at the moment based on cranky and upset dealers who write. But you know, President have an email address write to them! I can’t help you. I think some of you are right, I think some are insane.. But write to them!
– Let’s discuss the Ronald. Bring it with SSB, 21 watts variable. That’s the size people want or the McKinley. Yes AM/FM sales out sell everything but bring something out of the box! That’s my €1 wasted.
And before people cry Qixiang remember
Apple is Foxconn made and you pay £1200 for an iPhone
Samsung is made mostly by Foxconn in EU but it’s Samsung you take home
And your Nokia (new and old) are mostly Foxconn Made
And if it was Qixiang made, they now make Yaesu & Alinco before you cry more…..
All Rights Reserved (c) http://www.simonthewizard.com 2013-2017 Unauthorised Use / Or Duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to simonthewizard and http://www.simonthewizard.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.